Give your time. Change lives.
We love our volunteers! Last year, over 130 volunteers donated their time and skills to support the Club and Foundation. Whether mentoring, helping with homework, lending a hand with renovations, prepping meals, or running Club activities, our volunteers are an essential resource.
We offer many different volunteer opportunities for those who have graduated grade 8. You can volunteer in after school, full day, camps, sports and at special events to name a few. The Warehouse Youth Centre is looking for volunteers 21+ years of age who connect well with youth and would like to get involved in their after school programs.
Volunteer and Youth Volunteer of the Year 2017-18
Foundations Newsletter highlighting- why volunteer, a volunteer, and what is a volunteer.
Being a volunteer at the Club
“Whatever your passion is, you can pretty much do it here. I only wish that I had had the opportunity to attend when I was young. It is an amazing place, so come and have a tour, and see where you can fit in doing something that can change the course of a youth’s life and your own.” G McDougall, Club Volunteer.
Make a difference today. Contact the Club to get started!
Benefits of Volunteering:
Have a long-lasting, positive impact on children and youth in our community
Share your skills, knowledge, and interests with children and youth
Gain valuable job experience and training related to career goals
Meet the requirements of an educational course or program
Meet new people and gain new friendships through shared interests
Achieve a sense of satisfaction from being an active part of the community
How to become a volunteer (must have graduated from Grade 8):
- Drop in to the club and pick up an application, download the application.
- Return the completed application to the main office, or e-mail it to Laurie Richards at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be contacted to complete an interview.
- All volunteers will be required to undergo screening, training, and appropriate police checks.
- You're then ready to begin your experience at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Kawartha Lakes!